7.26.2012

: : :Book Bag: : :

I used Amy Butler's Sunday Sling pattern for this bag. I made the smaller version, which ended up being 18" wide, about 13" tall, and 2.5-3" deep.

The only change I made to the pattern is that I quilted my fabric to batting instead of using fusible interfacing. The pattern instructions get a little confusing in some parts, so you just have to go by the illustrations most of the time.

This bag takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R. if you quilt your own fabric . . . however, it is definitely worth it. Quilting the fabric makes the bag look so nice and finished. :)

This bag turns out to be super sturdy, and will make an excellent book bag. I love it! ;)

handles

outside pocket

front pleat

cell phone pocket



I have used this pattern before to make the larger bag--the 23" bag. After having made both sizes, I believe I prefer the smaller bag.



A comparison :) The larger bag would make a great weekend travel bag . . . if you do that sort of thing. Maybe someday I'll take a weekend trip somewhere, and will have a chance to use the larger bag. ;)



Now I'm anxiously waiting for school to start so that I can use my new book bag! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment