7.17.2012

: : :Little Brown Jacket: : :




Boleros and little jackets. . . I just love 'em. <3 Okay, now that that's outta the way, on to my review for this cute little jacket.

Pattern Description:  
Cute little jacket, fully lined, and fairly loose fitting

Pattern Sizing:
I made a size 10

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yup . . . pretty much

Were the instructions easy to follow?
 Super easy

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
I love the way the pieces fit together on this jacket . . . very different and fascinating to me ;)

Fabric Used:
--Linen for the fashion fabric 
--Quilter's cotton for the body's lining--it has bags of coffee printed on it! I love coffee...so this lining is officially awesome
--Slippery lining (it's name escapes me ;) ) for the sleeves

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: 
Because I made a size 10 to accommodate my broad shoulders, I ended up taking a slightly larger bust and side seam allowance. I also added a little clasp to keep the jacket from blowing open--it's super windy here. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Haven't decided if I want to sew it again--there are so many cute jacket/bolero/shrug/cardiagan patterns out there! However, I very highly recommend this jacket! As my brother would say, it's sweeeeeeeeet . . . . lol

Conclusion:
Love, love, love this jacket. I can't wait to wear it. 

Quick note about my sleeves--> I wasn't originally going to line the sleeves because I hadn't done that before, and was feeling lazy. However, after nicely finishing the lining on the inside, I realized that I had done a sloppy job with easing in my sleeve caps. So reluctantly (very reluctantly) I unpicked all the serging and seams holding the sleeve caps in order to re-ease the sleeves in. Several hours later, I decided to just go ahead and line the sleeves. I mean, why not, right? So I did . . . and I'm happy about it. The jacket works much better with long sleeved shirts. Plus, I have that happy little feeling that I finally got around to lining the sleeves in something. ;)


lining meets sleeve (this was before I decided to line the sleeves)

pretty little clasp

sleeve hem from the inside
my first sleeve lining! :D

yup, I'm wearing my new hat, too

And there it is . . . a cute little brown jacket. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment